For 8 persons - 850 € to 1850 € / week
Charming complex of the property perched above the Dordogne, in a small picture postcard hamlet, with magnificent views. Sleeping up to 8 guests, it is nestled around an attractive and secluded heated pool.
The Cottage is a traditional building, over 200 years old, lovingly restored over the last 10 years, retaining its original character.
The Cottage sleeps 8 and is laid out over 3 floors:
* BEDROOMS : Mid level. Two double bedrooms, one with view of the Dordogne and one with full sized bunk beds. Both bedrooms are close to a spacious beamed bathroom with bath, shower, two washbasins, WC and radiator.
* COMBLE (LOFT) SUITE : Overlooking both the Dordogne and the pool, it has a large double bed, seating, table and washbasin; there’s an en-suite shower room, with basin, shower, WC and radiators. This suite also has a beamed mezzanine and gallery – a great play area or ‘camping’ for kids!
* KITCHEN, LOWER LEVEL, OPENING TO SMALL TERRACE: Cooker with gas hob, electric oven, butler’s sink, microwave and convection/grill, fridge/freezer, wood stove, full range of utensils, crockery and glasses, breakfast table and radiator.
* LOUNGE : Comfortable chairs; TV with DVD; large oak dining table; radiator.
* STUDY AND MORE: Desk and bookcase, WiFi router for house, free internet and radiator. Off this room is a shower, washbasin and WC.
* ATELIER : For storage and outside access and to the washroom at lower level.
* LAUNDRY ROOM (buanderie)
Washer, sink and clothes airer, outside access.
COTTAGE'S TERRACE: Table with parasol, to the South, seating 6; BBQ, gas or charcoal fired. To the North, access to pool area at mid level onto paved surround.
* POOL AREA : A swimming area of some 6.5 metres square with curved steps: rail for children’s access, a shallow area and a deep area suitable for diving. There is underwater lighting and a powerful flow system for endless swimming; steps from the deep end (1.8m). Poolside table, chairs and parasol and Sunbeds.
* COURT: Parking for several cars, floodlight for evening petanque or table tennis on the all-weather table. Take your own balls, they get trodden on!
* PETANQUE: Athough there is no formal petanque court meeting the strict French specifications, and cars might have to be shuffled a little, there are petanque balls for good fun and the gravel surface is very acceptable.
Le Cottage is one of the gites comprising la Fermette des Hiboux.
In July and August priority is given to the rental of the whole unit. In low and mid season, you can let out Le Cottage or la Grange (ref 230) or La Petite Maison gite with full exclusivity of the pool and garden (means we don't let out the second gite to anybody else)