For 14 persons - 5300 € to 5700 € / week
This large and bright 17th-century chartreuse (Historical Monument) overlooking the Dordogne guarantees tranquillity, discretion, comfort and quality services. It can accommodate up to 14.
Once nestled in the heart of rich vineyards, Urval Castle, one of the largest chartreuses in the Dordogne, lies on the high slopes of the Black Perigord, at 20 minutes from Sarlat, 30 from Bergerac and Perigueux.
The main building hosts the home while the wings contain stables, the orangery and cellars.
Inside, the Castle retains its character thanks to quite exceptional arches, pilasters, columns, door frames, majestic Louis XIV fireplaces; all these elements create a both intimate and mysterious atmosphere.
A large hall, paved with 17th-century terracotta tiles, serves all the vaulted rooms on the ground floor. The vast kitchen (42sqm, with beautiful stone fireplace, back kitchen, professional cooker), is perfectly suited to cooking for large families by either the housewife or a Chef.
The dining room (46sqm plus backroom), offers a beautiful stone fireplace, and can accommodate the whole family around the big "hunting scene" table.
The blue vaulted lounge (70sqm), with its crystal chandeliers, offers a beautiful acoustic for music lovers and musicians. A fully equipped laundry is also available. A plancha is put at your disposal.
Sleeps: 14 adults or kids + 1 baby under 2. Baby cot available upon simple request.
The Ground Floor features 3 double bedrooms :
* Louis XIV bedroom (32m²) with its four-poster bed (180×200), en-suite bathroom with toilet
* Greenwell bedroom (30m²) with its four-poster bed (180×200), en-suite bathroom with toilet
* Prince Henry bedroom (32m²), with double bed (180×200), en-suite bathroom with toilet
* The ground floor also features 2 separate toilets.
Greenwell Level :
* Lemon tree bedroom with large double bed (180×210), en-suite bathroom and toilet, lemon-tree furniture
* Appended: two small bedrooms : « Bambou » with its single sleigh bed (120×195) and « Colonnettes », with single bed (150×200)
Mayor Level :
* The Maire level bedroom (40m²) and its bay window opening onto the Dordogne valley, and a Queen size bed (170×200)
* Appended: Empire bedroom (20m²) with 2 single sleigh beds (120 x 190), bathroom and nearby toilet.
PARK AND GARDEN
The current park was planted in 1896 by Lord Greenwell and his wife Emma Maire, great-grandparents of the current owner. Eight magnificent cedars open a beautiful view to the courtyard. A large balustrade crowns the East terrace and its 300-year old climbing vine. Another large terrace planted with amazing trees (including a 300-year old chestnut tree), dominates the valley of the Dordogne. The meadows surrounding La Poujade helps it to retain some rural character.
* The terrace overlooking the Dordogne was chosen to host a new built pool (12x6,5 meters - salt filtre - electric cover and pool alarm) with a large paved decking. It is equiped with sunbeds and parasols
* A game room with TV - DVD leads to the Orangerie with table tennis, and to the old chapel converted into a fitness room.
* TV, DVD, and satellite await you in the living room. Speed internet access or wireless connection are both available.