For 16 persons - 1300 € to 2500 € / week
Charming complex of three properties perched above the Dordogne, in a small picture postcard hamlet, with magnificent views. Sleeping up to 16 guests, it is nestled around an attractive and secluded heated pool.
LA GRANGE (sleeping 4 in en-suite bedrooms plus beds for 2 children)
A traditional Perigord barn, stone and oak dating from 1760. Rescued in 2002, as a maison désaffectéee, it has been restored with fully modern utilities and décor, while cherishing its heritage. The enormous Grange, a grand design project, was supervised by noted Sarlat architect Patrick Bonnefon with families and friends contributing. The grand scale open plan has spectacular vistas, balconies and open staircases.
* ATELIER : Housing a fridge for beer/wine/drinks; there is also an icemaker nearby.
* SHOWER ROOM : Convenient for pool use and outside activities; there is a shower and WC close to the main entrance.
* DINING AREA : Large oak table seating up to 12 and grand wood-fired open fireplace; large double doors opening on to the court and two staircases to mid-level bedrooms and sun lounge. Above there are galleries from two levels.
KITCHEN : Farm style oak units, double butler sink, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, large oak breakfast table seating up to 8, cooker (electric with gas hob) and a wood-fired bread oven. Plentiful range of utensils, crockery, glassware. Doors open on to a small paved area with table and parasol.
At first floor:
* SUN LOUNGE : Overlooking the Dordogne valley to the West and also a gallery overlooking the dining area below. It has a range of comfortable chairs, an audio system, ceiling mounted overhead projector and 2 metre pull-down screen for DVD films or presentations from your PC/laptop. We like the sun lounge for G and Ts! It leads via ballustraded galleries to the two main en-suite double bedrooms.
Please note: the Grange has WiFi, digital projector and music keyboard but is graced by no TV!
* BEDROOM : North and South bedrooms: at mid level, they are identical in facilities. The South, overlooking the pool, has the sun in Summer. There is a double bed and en-suite shower room with WC, wash basin and radiators. The North bedroom also has double bed and en-suite shower room with WC, wash basin and radiators.
* TOP BEDROOM THE COMBLE: Open plan over the entire length of Grange, the gallery overlooks the two lower floors. There’s a good play area for children and two single day beds; sleeping is fun for children! A music centre with keyboard and a library offering light reading of Tony’s Astrophysics tomes – or Dixon’s detective novels.
LE COTTAGE - (sleeping 6 plus 2 children)
A traditional long house, of unknown age, on the old path to Chateau Beynac. Deceptively large, it seems to go on and on… and on! Very French, but now very well provisioned with bathrooms and toilets!
* BEDROOMS : Mid level. Two double bedrooms, one with view of the Dordogne and one with full sized bunk beds. Both bedrooms are close to a spacious beamed bathroom with bath, shower, two washbasins, WC and radiator.
* COMBLE (LOFT) SUITE : Overlooking both the Dordogne and the pool, it has a large double bed, seating, table and washbasin; there’s an en-suite shower room, with basin, shower, WC and radiators. This suite also has a beamed mezzanine and gallery – a great play area or ‘camping’ for kids!
* KITCHEN, LOWER LEVEL, OPENING TO SMALL TERRACE: Cooker with gas hob, electric oven, butler’s sink, microwave and convection/grill, fridge/freezer, wood stove, full range of utensils, crockery and glasses, breakfast table and radiator.
* LOUNGE : Comfortable chairs; TV with DVD; large oak dining table; radiator.
* STUDY AND MORE: Desk and bookcase, WiFi router for house, free internet and radiator. Off this room is a shower, washbasin and WC.
* ATELIER : For storage and outside access and to the washroom at lower level.
* LAUNDRY ROOM (buanderie)
Washer, sink and clothes airer, outside access.
LE COTTAGE - (sleeping 2)
The manager’s traditional house for the Fermette, 1760. Now accommodating just two – but in style! There’s a large living room with dining table, a beautiful en-suite bedroom and a farm style kitchen below.
* DOUBLE BEDROOM: View of the Dordogne and of the court with en-suite bathroom having shower, bath, basin and WC. Radiators, heated towel rail.
* LOUNGE AND DINING ROOM: Table to seat 6 or so, bookcase and sideboard with glassware, crockery and tablewares. Flat screen TV with DVD player; CD/audio unit; wood-fired stove in grand stone fireplace.
* KITCHEN: Cooker (all electric); microwave/convection/grill; table to seat 6; fridge/freezer; full range of utensils, crockery and glasses including blenders. Access to outside with stable door and to cave (wine cellar) with WC.
* TWO TERRACES:
MAIN TERRACE Serving both the Grange and Petite Maison, it has large gas fired BBQ with rotisserie, table and parasol.
COTTAGE'S TERRACE: Table with parasol, to the South, seating 6; BBQ, gas or charcoal fired. To the North, access to pool area at mid level onto paved surround.
* POOL AREA : A swimming area of some 6.5 metres square with curved steps: rail for children’s access, a shallow area and a deep area suitable for diving. There is underwater lighting and a powerful flow system for endless swimming; steps from the deep end (1.8m). Poolside table, chairs and parasol and Sunbeds.
* COURT: Parking for several cars, floodlight for evening petanque or table tennis on the all-weather table. Take your own balls, they get trodden on!
* PETANQUE: Athough there is no formal petanque court meeting the strict French specifications, and cars might have to be shuffled a little, there are petanque balls for good fun and the gravel surface is very acceptable.
Priority is given to the rental of the whole unit in July and August.
In mid season, one, two or three properties can be let separately with EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE POOL AND GROUND.
In low season, La Petite Maison is very confortable and can be let separately
In mid season one of the two houses can be rented separately. You will have the exclusive use of the property (the other house would not be let at the same time)
Possibility of renting the house "Cro Mignon" (ref 0187), which can sleep up to 6 extra guests and is situated right opposite in the same hamlet "Le Pech", for larger groups.