For 6 persons - 850 € to 1200 € / week
+ 2 additional beds available
Lovingly restored family barn nestled in a picturesque hamlet, in the tranquility of the Dordogne countryside. A little slice of heaven for nature lovers.
This lovely barn conversion is situated in the picturesque hamlet of Lolivarie, in the Dordogne Golden Triangle.
Set on the gently sloping side of a valley, it is perfectly placed for woodland walks and beautiful views and provides an ideal setting for those in search of a true oasis of relaxation.
This is a nature lovers paradise: Orchids and wild flowers fill the valley in the spring. Bird life is abundant; hoopoe, clouds of swallow and nesting redstart can all be seen from the terrace.
The property is east west facing and is drowned in morning light and enjoys the best sunsets in the village.
Golfers will also be delighted that the stunning Golf de Lolivarie is just down the hill at the bottom of the valley.
* The heart of this property is the spacious open plan living area. This includes sofa and armchairs surrounding a wood burner, and a large hand made dining table to dine inside.
* The roomy kitchen offers large countertops, a bar and modern appliances.
The barn has 3 comfortable bedrooms, each with access to their own bathroom.
* From the lounge, a couple of steps leads down to the first double bedroom, with a double ironed bed, 2 bed side tables and lamps, and a chest of drawers. Its large french door leads outside. The en suite shower room has a shower unit, washbasin and toilet.
* Above this bedroom is another second double bedroom, which also comes with a double bed, bed side tables and lamps and storage area.
Its private shower room has a shower unit, a washbasin and a toilet.
* At the other side of the house, above the kitchen, is a third family bedroom, accessible from a large landing. It has a double and a single beds and a chest of drawers.
It enjoys a private bathroom with a bath tub, a washbasin and toilet.
* The west facing terrace with outdoor dining table and 8 chairs provides the perfect space for al fresco meals. The terrace looks across and down the valley offering beautiful views and sunsets. In front of the terrace, in the shade of the silk tree there is suite of outdoor sofa and arm chairs with coffee table for lazing around and sharing an aperitif.
Hammock and paddling pool provided.
The garden backs directly onto fields, orchards and woodland, with signed footpaths for hiking and animal tracks through the woods for the adventurous.
Tom and Aidan are available to help you find your way on your holiday; the best places for wild swimming and where to pick up spring water from the local source. For an additional fee we’ll bring you morning pain au chocolate or croissant from the best local Boulangerie ;)