For 6 persons - 900 € to 1550 € / week
+ 1 additional beds available
This former farmhouse has been lovingly restored and will seduce those searching for the charm of old stone, in the tranquility of the Dordogne countryside.
Situated in the heart of the Dordogne countryside, yet just a stone's throw from the famous tourist sites of the area, this former farm is the ideal destination for relaxing holidays in an unspoilt countryside.
After having taken the small country lane, which winds through the wooded valley, you will arrive at the property, surrounded by rolling countryside.
Go through the wrought iron gate and you will find yourselves amongst the history filled stone buildings, complete with barn and bread oven. Original features such as wooden floors, exposed beams and stone walls have all been retained during the careful renovation and adds to the charm of the property.
The main house offers an accommodation on two floors:
The Ground Floor:
- An entrance hall with terracotta floor tiles has a beautiful stone staircase complete with wrought iron handrail leading to the first floor
- A welcoming dining room, with its majestic stone open fireplace, ideal for meals in front of a wood fire on cooler evenings. There is a wooden table and 8 chairs, buffet and several pieces of antique furniture.
- The separate kitchen offers all the necessary equipment for preparing lovely home cooked meals: vitroceramic hob, oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine, kettle and toaster. It also offers plenty of cupboard space and a stone sink.
- The lounge also has an open fire place and is the ideal spot for relaxing after long country walks, with its sofas, armchair, desk, hifi and flat screen TV.
- A separate toilet completes this floor.
The lovely stone staircase from th entrance hall leads to the first floor where you will find:
- A spacious double bedroom with a large double bed (160cm wide), a single bed, armchair, bedside tables and lamps.
- An en suite bathroom with bath, washbasin and toilet.
- A second bedroom, just as spacious, with a large double bed (160cm wide), wardrobe, desk and armchair. This bedroom has lovely views over the surrounding countryside.
- A shower room with tiled shower, washbasin and toilet.
Opposite the main house, on the other side of the patio, you will find an independent bedroom. A lovely stone building, it offers two single beds (each 90cm wide), bedside tables and lamps.
The house, being equipped with wood fired central heating, and two open fireplaces is ideal for rentals in low season.
- The very romantic U shape yard with its old age buxus, is equiped with tables and chairs to dine outside al fresco.
- From the house, a pretty pathway bordered by conifers leads to a lawned area, offering shade from the trees, much appreciated in the heat of summer.
- Continuing further on, you will find the lovely private pool, situated at 150m from the house. The pool measures 2.5m x 5.5m and is entirely fenced for children's safety.
- Alongside you will find a huge meadow, ideal for ball games.
- Private parking for up to 4 cars