For 10 persons - 800 € to 2000 € / week
Magnificent 18th century stone property, nestled in the heart of the countryside. Large private swimming pool, and peaceful environment. A haven of peace and quiet in the heart of the Perigord.
Imagine a countryside setting, straight off a postcard, with no neighbours, and far reaching views over the rolling countryside - alternating between valleys and hillsides; meadows and forests..... nothing will spoil the peace and quiet except for the birdsong and the odd visiting deer!
We are however just 5 minutes from the centre of Le Bugue, with its several supermarkets, and superb weekly market which is well known in the area.
It is in this rural setting, where Roquegiral, a former farmhouse was built in the golden stone of this area in 1730.
Completely renovated in 2011, Roquegiral offers today all the modern comfort in a traditional setting for happy gatherings of family and friends in the heart of the Dordogne.
Set on two floors, the house comprises:
On the ground floor:
- a huge entrance hall with a toilet and washbasin, giving access to a bedroom to the right, the dining room to the left, and a superb staircase giving access to the first floor.
- a beautiful bedroom with a large double bed (160cm wide), bedside tables, a desk, chair and a large wardrobe.
- it benefits from its own private bathroom, with bath washbasin and toilet.
- a superb living/dining room allowing all the guests to eat together at the long farmhouse dining table, or to relax in the comfortable sitting area.The exposed stone walls and beams, and the originbal fireplace (for decorative use only) are witness to its historic past. Two french doors open onto the garden, offering an easy access indoor/outdoor ideal in the summer months.
- leading off is the well equipped kitchen: large fridge/freezer, four ring vitroceramique hob, built in oven, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, breakfast table.
- at the other side of the living room, a huge bedroom offers two single beds (each 90cm wide) which can be joined together to make an extra large double bed; a solid wooden table and 4 chairs; and a french door opening onto the garden.
- a private bathroom, newly renovated with bath, washbasin and toilet.
The remaining sleeping accomodation is situated on the first floor, offering 3 further bedrooms, 4 shower rooms and 2 toilets:
- 2 bedrooms each with two single beds, bedside tables, wardrobe, and a small room with bidet and washbasin
- they share a shower room with shower and toilet
- a last double bedroom, with a large double bed (160cm wide), bedside tables, desk, chest of drawers and hanging rail
- its private shower room with shower and toilet
- huge garden covering several hectares with numerous fruit trees, shrubs and large lawn ideal for the children
- large covered terrace, equipped with table and chairs and barbecue and tennis table. This is the ideal spot for leisurely lunches in the shade of the midday sun, or evening meals sheltered on cooler evenings.
- a beautiful swimming pool measuring 10m x 5m, with sun loungers and parasols, and secured by a soft cover. Removable fencing can be put in place prior request to ensure the safety of our younger visitors.
- a superb view over the surrounding countryside, which you will never tire of admiring!