For 8 persons - 3900 € to 4400 € / week
This medieval manor dating back to the 14th century (Listed Monument), was enlarged to a large house in the 17th century, and overlooks the Dordogne valley. It can accommodate up to 10 guests and babies for privileged stays.
"La Bourgonie offers an impression of harmony and rustic majesty paying tribute to the Perigordian architecture. (from the "Perigord des Chartreuses").
Located on the high slopes of the Black Périgord, at 20 minutes from Sarlat, and 30 from Bergerac and Périgueux, La Bourgonie juxtaposes a main building, one 14th-century round and one square towers, a 15th-century gatehouse and an
18th-century “Mansard-style” wing.
La Bourgonie is built on a rocky outcrop between the Bessede forest and the valley of the Dordogne. It is set on thirty hectares of meadows, woodlands and lawns.
From the south terrace landscaped around the pool, the view escapes to Siorac en Périgord.
The inner courtyard is designed around boxes giving it a warm rigor.
A clear and pedestrian path goes along the small woods, where hunting is forbidden so that you can see some deers and their young.
Guests staying in the great 17th century Mansard wing facing south.
La Bourgonie features all the comforts of a modern home.
If the proportions of La Bourgonie may, at first, seem imposing, the interior of this home invites to family privacy.
The living rooms, all on ground floor, open to the East for breakfast, to the South for lunch, and to the West for sunset.
A beautiful traditional “pisée” pavement serves the entire ground floor.
The vaulted living room (40sqm) has a magnificent stone fireplace (“cantou”), the dining room (40sqm) and kitchen (18 sqm) are adjoining.
A laundry and utility room are accessible from the patio.
A plancha is put at your disposal.
The Ground Floor features one double bedrooms:
* The Louis XV bedroom (24 m²), decorated with beautiful inlaid furniture with double bed (160×205) and en-suite bathroom and toilet.
*The Louis XVI suite (32m²), with double bed (170×205), en-suite bathroom and toilet.
*The Empire bedroom (30m2) with double bed (180×205), en-suite bathroom and toilet.
* The English bedroon (20m²), with two single beds (0,90×200).
Children’s play area (TV, games console, DVD player and board games).
* A separate WC serves the three rooms.
Baby cot, high chair, changing mat, babycook are available upon simple request for the comfort of the little ones
* As for all Listed Monuments, the construction of the pool was made according to the strict standards of Historical Monuments: the basin (salt-filtered, equipped with an alarm, 12x7 meters) is surrounded by a large wood-coating and lined with ochre stones.
* A lovely wrought iron pergola provides a delightful shade.
* Table tennis is installed under the colonnade of the courtyard, while the first floor TV lounge provides a special kids area.
* The lounge is fitted with satellite TV and DVD player.
ADSL Internet and wireless internet are available