For 6 persons - 500 € to 1200 € / week
Adorable former watermill, newly renovated, with 3 bedrooms situated in the heart of the village of Cénac. Shops, restaurants and the Dordogne river within easy walking distance.
Situated in the heart of the market village of Cénac et St Julien, with all its shops, restaurants and facilities literally on the doorstep, this beautiful stone watermill has been converted to provide cosy and comfortable accommodation for up to 6 guests. With its three bedrooms and two bathrooms, it is ideal for two couples or a small family, and is the ideal base for exploring the area.
Several stone steps lead up from the garden to the terrace overlooking the stream running through the garden. A wooden door leads directly into:
- the spacious dining kitchen with its exposed stone walls and beams. It has a modern, fully equipped kitchen with electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine, kettle and toaster... A wooden dining table and 6 chairs is the ideal place for a leisurely meal.
- leading off the kitchen you will find the cosy lounge, complete with woodburner and again the the typical exposed stone walls and beams, and a lovely wooden floor. A comfortable sofa and two armchairs are set in front of the imposing stone firepalce and you will find a flat screen TV and DVD player.
- the first bedroom is also situated on the ground floor. It has a large double bed (160cm wide), bedside tables and lamps and a large built in wardrobe.
- it benefits from an en suite shower room with walk in shower, washbasin and WC.
A lovely solid wooden staircase leads from the lounge to the first floor where you will find:
- a double bedroom with large double bed (160cm wide), bedside tables and lamps, and built in wardrobe.
- a third bedroom offers two single beds which can be joined together to make a large double, wardrobe and bedside tables and lamps.
- a bathroom has a bath with shower over, washbasin and heated towel rail. Here is also the washing machine.
- a separate toilet completes this floor
Outside the house offers various different areas just perfect for relaxing:
- a raised terrace just in front of the kitchen, with a table and chairs and a parasol, ideal for al fresco lunches.
- a small garden area below the house, complete with stream and barbecue
- private off road parking for two cars to the rear of the property
** NB - A pretty stream runs through the garden but is not fenced and so young children would need to take care **