For 8 persons - 550 € to 1100 € / week
New to the rental market this charming 17th Century house has recently undergone a complete renovation and offers 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Large terrace and view, within 1km of shops and restaurants.
In its former life, this 17th century house, was the official building where the "gabarres", the flat bottomed boats typical of the Dordogne, paid their taxes. It has recently been completely and tastefully renovated with a successful mix of old world stone and beams, and an industrial 70's style decoration. The antique furniture has been hunted down throughout the region, but be reassured, the bedding and soft furnishings are all brand new!
- The wooden front door leads directly into the living/dining room, where the rustic/modern industrial mix is most evident. The tiled floor and stone walls contrast with the brushed concrete feature wall; the made to measure steel and wooden staircase leads to the upper floors; and the imposing traditional open fireplace offers a feature for cooler evenings. You can relax in front of the flat screen TV on the sofa or armchairs; eat a tasty meal on the wooden dining table in front of the restored buffet; lamps, cushions, candles all add a cosy atmosphere.
Leading off the lounge:
- a fully fitted kitchen offers all mod cons and opens directly onto the large terrace. It benefits from a range style gas cooker, dishwasher, coffee machine, kettle, toaster, microwave and washing machine. A table and chairs are ideal for breakfast.
The original made to measure staircase leads to the first floor where you will find:
* a first double bedroom, with a large double bed (160cm wide), TV, bedside tables, lamps, cupboard, and large wardrobe.
* a second bedroom with a double bed (140cm wide), bedside tables, lamps, cupboard and desk. This bedroom has a door opening out onto a private terrace.
* a brand new shower room with walk in shower, vanity unit and WC
The staircase continues up to the top floor, nestled under the eaves:
* a double bedroom with large double bed (160cm wide), bedside tables and lamps
* the fourth and final bedroom offers a nautical style, with a double bed, chest of drawers, bedside tables and lamps.
* the second shower room is on this floor, also offering a walk in shower, vanity unit and WC.
Directly in front of the house is the huge terrace, offering a lovely view of the village below and further afield towards the river. It is west facing, and you will appreciate the beautiful sunsets with a glass of wine!
Table, chairs and parasols are available.
The garden below offers different levels of plantations including box hedges, and shrubs.
Private parking for two cars just in front of the gate.