For 2 persons - 500 € to 900 € / week
+ 2 additional beds available
An elegant and charming hideaway in the heart La Roque Gageac, "one of the most beautiful villages of France". Quality fittings and decoration offer comfortable and romantic accomodation.
Classed as one of "The Most Beautiful Villages in France", La Roque-Gageac, nestles against the honey stone cliffs, and is reflected in the Dordogne River. It more than merits it's ranking amongst the most picturesque and authentic villages of France.
This house, perched above one of the narrow streets above the village, is a typical perigordine village house, with its time aged stone walls, its exposed wooden beams, and its traditional "cantou" open fireplace..
The house, completely and recently renovated with taste and intelligence, offers a perfect spot for your holidays - within the village, but far enough out to appreciate the benefits, without being in the middle of the waves of tourists!
- the wrought iron entrance gate leads to a staircase, which in turn gives access to a large paved terrace, and to all the living areas of the house including:
* a large modern kitchen, fully equipped with a Corian worktop and table.
* a charming lounge with exposed stone walls and beams, a wood burner, sofas and armchairs. The sofa can be converted to a double bed for an extra guest or two.
- a wooden staircase leads to the sleeping area:
* a bedroom nestled under the eaves with a double bed, bedside tables, wardrobe and mobile air conditionning unit.
* a shower room with shower cubicle, washbasin and toilet.
* an extra bed on the landing offers an extra sleeping space for a child
- A second staircase leads down from the lounge and gives access to a wonderful shower room with double washbasin and italian shower.
The house benefits from an efficient electric central heating system and also from a wood burner, offering comfortable accomodation in all seasons.
For the comfort of our guests, bed linen and towels are included in the tariff. The beds are made on your arrival.
- Despite the tasteful interior of thehouse, it is more than likely outside, comfortably installed on the large terrace - equipped with a wide range of garden furniture - where you will spend the most memorable moments of your stay at Les Hauts de la Roque.
- During the hot summer days, you will appreciate lazing in the shade of the large trees in the small garden, and the sunloungers.
- You can park your car just 100m from the house, free of charge, and away from the tourist masses.
Due to the layout of the house and the garden, we cannot accept children under 6 years of age. Their safety, above all, is important, as is the peace of mind of their parents!