For 8 persons - 1300 € to 2800 € / week
Lovely stone house in the heart of the Black Perigord. 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, superb terraces and private heated infinity pool. Lots of charm and high quality fittings for an unforgettable holiday.
This former stone farm merits all the superlatives.... Situated on the hills above a typical hamlet of the Perigord, between the classified villages of Belvès and Monpazier, its bucolique environment merits the detour!
Particularly spacious and perfectly equipped, La Métairie d'Astor has been recently renovated, with a mix of modern comfort and orginal features.
During hot summer days, you will appreciate a cooling dip in the large, private, infinity pool after a leisurely lunch on one of the shady terraces, or simply relaxing under the hundred year old walnut tree. In cooler periods, the cosy with under floor heating and two woodburners is comfortable all year round.
Set on two levels and covering a surface area of over 180m², la Métairie d'Astor offers on the ground floor:
* a beautiful entrance hall with a separate toilet
* a huge lounge with a cathedral ceiling, particularly bright and airy with its large french window and through light. The comfortable leather sofas are set around the fireplace with its woodburning stove. A flat screen TV offers both French and foreign channels, a home cinema system, DVD player, and there is also an internet connection.
* Just as cosy and spacious, the kitchen is the secon living room of the house! With its large wooden farm table, and a sitting area set around the second woodburner, it offers high quality equipment. Here nothing is missing (breadmaking machine and meat slicer included!) for preparing the delicious local produce you can buy in the local markets.
* a utility room offers a second fridge, sink, washing machine and tumbele dryer.
* the first double bedroom, of over 22m² benefits from a direct access to the terrace. Furnished with a large double bed, a wardrobe, chest of drawers and a desk, is particularly cool in summer.
Accessible via the staircase in the lounge, the two other bedrooms are situated on the first floor:
* the second double bedroom, 16m², offers a large double bed, a magnificent oak wardrobe and views over the surrounding countryside.
* It benefits from an en suite shower room with shower and vanity unit.
* the master bedroom of 22m² is extremely romantic with its high ceiling, wooden floor and large decorative stone fireplace. It is furnished with a large double bed, (180cm wide), wardrobe and chest of drawers.
* Next door is the huge family bathroom with a bath, walk in shower, large vanity unit and toilet.
* a mezzanine level is suitable for a travel cot
Arranged in the adorable barn, just the other side of the terrace, the fourth double bedroom is totally independent and ideal for our guests looking for peace and quiet! Furnished with a wrought iron double bed and a lovely wardrobe, it also has a private shower room with shower, washbasin and toilet.
Despite the fact that the house is so charming, it is probably outside where you will spend the most of your time on your return from the numerous excursions possible in the surrounding area:
* From a leisurely breakfast to dinner under the stars, you will not tire of the superb terrace running the length of the house. Exposed south east it benefits from a superb view over the countryside below. It is perfectly equipped with a large wooden table, a plancha, pizza oven and garden furniture.
* Behind the house, and between the main house and the guest house, the second terrace has a wrought iron table and chairs, ideal during the hottest days.
* All around the house, the huge wooded garden of over two hectares offers neverending spots for games and relaxing, including a boulodrome, and a hamac under the walnut tree.
* An not forgetting the magnificent infinity pool, set in full sun, at the edge of the property. Measuring 12m x 5m it is heated from the beginning of May to the end of September. Its wide step makes an ideal paddling area for the younger visitors.