For 10 persons - 900 € to 2700 € / week
+ 2 additional beds available
**NEW** Historical family house in the centre of Domme, sleeping up to 12 guests in 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Private pool and garden, with hidden inner courtyard. A truly unique property!
This amazing property is new to the rental market for the 2018 season. Situated in the heart of the medieval bastide village of Domme, this unique property offers a real sense of history: the house has been in the same family since 1620! Furnished largely with antiques, and retaining many of the original features of the house, it combines a feeling of history with the comfort of modern day living. Push open the front door and step back into history!
The solid wooden front door opens from the street to a majestic entrance hall with an extremely high ceiling. A beautiful wooden staircase leads from the street level to the first floor where the majority of the living accommodation can be found:
* a spacious landing where a portait of a former Monsieur de Molènes stands watch over the staircase. A chaise longue offers an ideal spot for reading a historical novel! This central area in turn opens onto:
* an intimate sitting room with TV, corner sofa, armchairs, bookshelves, and desk.
* this in turn leads to the formal drawing room, with its comfortable sofa and armchairs set around the marble fireplace, a second sitting area, a plethora of lamps, rugs, coffee tables, piano and 3 large windows providing light and wonderful views over the roof tops of Domme and the countryside beyond.
* from the sitting room and landing, you enter the dining room - a huge room furnished with solid wooden antique furniture. Just imagine dining under the chandelier, with the large range of crystal glasses; crockery emblasoned with the family coat of arms; overlooked by the family portraits and with candleght flickering!
* a large kitchen leads off the dining room offering a fabulous gas fired range cooker, a solid wooden table and chairs set in front of the imposing, traditional cantou fireplace. There is a small fridge, coffee machine, microwave and all the necessary equipment for preparing delicious homecooked meals. A side by side fridge freezer is available in the cellar, along with a washing machine and ironing equipment.
Return to the landing, where an antechamber leads to the sleeping accommodation:
* a first double bedroom offering a large double bed, bedside tables, lamps and a decorative fireplace.
* this bedroom benefits from an en suite bathroom, with bath tub, bidet and washbasin.
* a second double bedroom, the yellow bedroom, also offering a large double bed, bedside tables, lamps, a desk and chair and cupboard space.
* this bedroom has its own private shower room, complete with walk in shower, washbasin and towel rail.
* and a separate toilet completes this floor.
A staircase leads up to the second floor, nestled under the eaves where you will find:
* the fabulous, extremely spacious blue bedroom with large double bed, bedside tables, lamps, wardrobe and desk. The windows are fitted with interior wooden shutters.
* a children's bedroom with 3 single beds, bookshelves, exposed beams and original roof windows. A washbasin is set in a small en suite: ideal for teeth brushing morning and night!
* a family bathroom with bath tub, bidet and washbasin
* and a separate toilet complete this top floor
* The fifth and final bedroom is to be found on the ground floor, on street level. From the entrance hall, a door leads off to a large double bedroom, with a queen size double bed, an extra single bed, bedside tables, wardrobe, desk and lamps.
* This bedroom also has an en suite shower room with shower, washbasin and WC.
Throughout the house, the original wooden floors, rugs, antique furnishings and the numerous lamps create a cosy and historical atmosphere, which is truly authentic and unique.
Despite the comfort and the character of the interior of the property, it is without doubt that you will appreciate the exterior spaces where you can spend lazy afternoons soaking up the sun and enjoying the views.
* The private garden is accessible through a doorway on the opposite side of the street: here you will find the fantastic, huge private pool with views over the rooftops and countryside beyond. The pool itself measures 16m x 8m, and although nestled in the heart of Domme, the only windows overlooking the pool and terrace areas are the bedrooms of Maison Molènes itself! The pool is surrounded by a lawned area and roses, and offers sun loungers and parasols.
* Hidden behind the house, and accessible via the dining room is a wonderful inner courtyard, completely private. Here you can enjoy idyllic breakfasts on the wrought iron table and chairs, surrounded by flowers and the honey coloured stone walls of the property.
* An integral garage is available for parking one car, and on street parking is available nearby.