For 6 persons - 790 € to 990 € / week
+ 2 additional beds available
Former XVII century farmhouse and barn lovingly restored offering an ideal family home from which to explore the area. Lots of charm and abundance of serenity in the tranquility of the Dordogne countryside.
Situated in the heart of the Dordogne countryside, yet just a stone's throw from the famous tourist sites of the area, this former farm is the ideal destination for relaxing holidays in an unspoilt countryside.
After having taken the small country lane, which winds through the wooded valley, you will arrive at the property, surrounded by rolling countryside.
You will find yourselves amongst the history filled stone buildings, complete with barn. Original features such as wooden floors, exposed beams and stone walls have all been retained during the careful renovation and add to the charm of the property.
The MAIN HOUSE offers 4 to 5 sleeps on two levels.
It comprises on the groundfloor :
* A large country style kitchen fully equiped with fridge/freezer, dishwasher, 4 ring gas hob, oven, coffee maker, toaster, and all the necessary crockery for preparing lovely home cooked meals.
The solid wood table and chairs is ideal for breakfast.
* adjacent the cosy living room offers a formal dining table and a comfortable living area with sofa, armchairs, coffee table, organised around the traditional stone fireplace.
From the living room, the wooden staircase leads to the first floor where you will find:
* an open plan living room, also equipped with a sofa, two armchairs, a desk and antique furnitures. There is a TV and a DVD player, a bookcase and a large dressing for storage area.
* the spacious and light master bedroom offers a double bed, two bedside tables and lamps, a chest of drawers and an elegant dressing table.
* above the bedroom, a children's bedroom has been arranged in the attic. Offering two single beds and a third 120cm long bed for a youngest one, it is ideal for children who wish to sleep close to their parents.
* a large family bathroom with a bath, washbasin and toilets completes this floor.
The adjacent barn has been converted in a lovely GUESTS HOUSE ideal for another 4 guests.
It offers on the groundfloor :
* a large twin bedroom with two single beds, two bedside tables and lamps, a large wardrobe, a chest with drawers and a dressing table.
* adjacent, the shower room comes with a walk in shower, washbasin, toilet and washing-machine
Wooden stairs leads to the first floor where is set :
* a second spacious bedroom with a double bed, bedside tables and chairs, a bookcase and a wardrobe.
* Its ensuite bathroom comprises a small bathtub and a washbasin
* Separate toilets are available at top floor.
- The romantic 5000m² garden offers century old trees, whose shade is much appreciated in the heat of summer.
- Alongside you will find a huge meadow, ideal for ball games.
Nobody will come to disturb your tranquillity... except the birds, the roe deers and the rabbits which occasionally venture into the garden!
- The main terrace area is equipped with a heavy iron table and chairs to dine outside al fresco. There is a charcoal barbecue. There is another iron table and 4 chairs closer to the main house, perfect for the breakfast or an aperitive!
- and from everywhere, a magnificient view over the rolling countryside.
- Private parking for up to 3 cars