For 8 persons - 800 € to 1600 € / week
**NEW** Lovely family home, full of history, set in the centre of the bastide of Domme. Ideal two families, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, spacious reception rooms and private walled garden and courtyard.
This stone property, full of history, has been in the same family for several generations. Set in the heart of the bastide village of Domme, one of "The Most Beautiful Villages of France", you have the advantage of being within easy walking distance of the shops and restaurants, whilst benefiting from a large private, walled garden.
The house is hidden between high walls, from the Rue Jacques de Maleville, and and a door opens onto the large paved courtyard which is surrounded by roses, flowers and aromatic plants.
* A glazed entrance door opens from the courtyard directly into the kitchen. Recently renovated, it offers a modern fitted kitchen with all mod cons: range cooker with gas hob and electric oven; side by side american fridge; dishwasher; central island; coffee machine; toaster; kettle...
* the kitchen is separated from the dining area by a bar. The dining room itself is dominated by the huge traditional cantou fireplace, where you can light a fire on cooler mid season evenings. The solid wooden dining table is ideal for convivial meals, and a french door openns directly onto the terrace.
* leading off from the kitchen you will find the first sitting room, with bookcase, sofa, chairs and another imposing fireplace. There is also a french door leading out onto the terrace.
A staircase leads off a corridor and up to the first floor where you will find:
* the formal drawing room, with sofa, armchairs and flat screen smart TV. A glazed door opens onto stone steps which lead down into the garden.
* the first master bedroom is accessible from the drawing room, and offers a large double bed (180cm wide), bedside tables, lamps, and original parquet flooring.
* a second bedroom leads off the master bedroom and offers two single beds, ideal for younger guests.
* these two bedrooms share a bathroom with bath, shower over and washbasin.
The second bedroom area is accessible either from this level, or via a second staircase leading out of the kitchen.
* a second, spacious master bedroom offers a large double bed (180cm wide), bedside tables, lamps and parquet floor.
* the fourth and last bedroom offers a double bed, bedside tables and lamps and a chest of drawers.
* these two bedrooms share a shower room with shower, toilet and washbasin.
Access to the house is through a stone archway, and hidden from prying eyes by a wooden door. This leads into the front courtyard, with flowering roses climbing the stone walls.
Rare in Domme, the house benefts from a bucolic, enclosed rear garden. Accessible either from the kitchen, the lower floor sitting room, or the first floor drawing room, the walled garden offers a large lawn and shade from the walnut and fruit trees. The terrace offers a wooden table and chairs, ideal for al fresco meals.